HOW TO FINALLY GET AROUND TO MAKING YOUR HOLIDAY PHOTO ALBUM
Is making your holiday photo album one of those jobs that you put off every weekend? You are not alone! Making a photo album filled with your holiday photos is one of those tasks like sorting out the loft/weeding out your wardrobe/cleaning out junk drawers that just never seems to happen.
However, it is a much nicer job then you think!
- Get yourself all set up somewhere nice so you have plenty of room and are comfortable eg. big table, on the bed, on the floor in the sitting room
- get all the photos you're tempted to include ( use an app to print them off your phone - its really easy, takes seconds, costs very little and they arrive in no time at all)
- make a cup of tea
- have a lovely few minutes looking through them all remembering what a fabulous time you had
- sift out the dodgy ones that you just don't really like
- then organise in piles. Decide if you're going to go strictly chronological or if you're going to bunch the photos into themes eg. sunsets, trips out, flora and fauna
- then lay out a page at a time. Arrange the photos on to a page in a configuration you're happy with, photograph it, put them in a pile and move on to the next page. This way you'll have a plan and when you come across your favourite photo at the end that should be on page 3 as you'll be able to move things around.
- then start back at the beginning, referencing your phone and stick them into the book! Use mounting squares, magic tape, glue dots, photo corners, washi tape ... or a mix of them all
You'll have a huge sense of achievement when it's done ( I'm quite good at over praising myself for a minor task) and a beautiful album full of your best holiday photos to look at time and time again.